The Technical Support Specialist is at the front line for customer and field technician related inquiries and network diagnostics. You are responsible for the initial contact and troubleshooting of technical inquiries, as well as routing communication to the appropriate team if needed.
The position is remote and a fast/reliable internet connection is required. A portion of your internet bill is paid by the company. Shifts are flexible and coordinated with the team. Health benefits are available for full-time positions. Apprenticeship-type and formal training with certification programs are provided. Multiple avenues for growth within the company.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Quickly respond to customer technical support inquiries
- Identify, categorize, and summarize initial findings
- Follow up on open issues from previous shift and drive to a resolution
- Provide dispatch duties for field team projects when needed
- Provide technical support to the field team
- Create Job Requests (work orders) for service calls
- Monitor the network health and performance and take preemptive actions to prevent degradation
- Respond to emergencies with diligence and initiate standard operating procedures
- Continuously work to improve the network performance by analyzing trends, identifying the negatives and taking actions to mitigate them in the short term, and establish long-term changes to address them.
- Help with field and sales tasks as needed
- Response time on new inquiries
- Day-to-day network performance and health, with focus on long term network health
- Emergencies handled and resolved
- Record keeping detail and completeness
- Knowledge growth and application
- Effective communication, written & verbal